The department of Transfusion Medicine is NABH accredited and licensed Blood Centre. It is an integral part of the patient management system and is designed to meet the needs of our patients and medical professionals.
Our Blood Centre has the best in class infrastructure which supports blood collection, component separation, and storage. The department of transfusion medicine has been separately accredited for NABH since 2012. We are committed to providing high-quality safe blood to our patients. We also offer free valet parking for the donors and also annual checkups for those who donate more than 3 times a year.
We have adopted a large number of safety changes which includes high-end sophisticated technologies and strategies to avert the possible risk of transfusion. Transfusion continues to be safe in KIMS since we have never reported any ABO Incompatible or mismatch transfusions to date. Transfusion reactions like Transfusion-associated circulatory overload (TACO), Transfusion-associated graft versus host diseases (TAGVHD), Transfusion-related immunomodulation (TRIM), Transfusion-associated sepsis (TAS), Transfusion transmitted infections are neither reported. The most common reactions are allergic and febrile non-hemolytic transfusion reactions (FNHTR).
The annual incidence of allergic and FNHTR in our blood centre is reported to be 0.17% and 0.14% respectively. It is evident from the statistical data that the rates fall well below the national and international rates. The frequency of allergic reactions according to the latest SHOT and hemovigilance data vary from 0.03 to 6% and for FNHTR is 0.1- 31 %. KIMS Blood Centre has been an active participant in the hemovigilance program of India (HvPI) for many years.
● Round-the-clock services.
● 100 % blood component therapy.
● Committed to high-end technologies, equipment, and high-quality products.
● Apart from the routine serology method the state-of-the-art technology, Nucleic acid testing (NAT) to ensure patient and donor safety.
● Facility to prepare blood components like Packed Red Blood Cells (PRBC), Fresh Frozen Plasma (FFP), platelet concentrates, and cryoprecipitate using automated blood component extractors.
● Provides leuko-reduced Packed Red Blood Concentrates (LDRBC) & platelets (LD platelets).
● Facility to prepare Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) and platelet gel for therapeutic procedures.
● Well-equipped for the preparation of single Donor Platelets (SDP) and single donor plasma.
● Dedicated apheresis machines for therapeutic procedures like stem cell collection and therapeutic plasma exchange.
● Ensures the availability of platelet additive solution (PAS) added SDP.
● Guarantees the availability of irradiated and washed blood components.
● Advanced gel and bead technology for immunohematology tests including blood grouping, antiglobulin testing, cross-matching, and antibody titration to ensure accurate results.
● DAT monospecific characterisation
● Commercially available red cell panel for irregular antibody identification of clinical significance.
● Facility for Rh and Kell phenotyping for multi transfused patients.
● Platelet-rich Plasma for therapy
● Platelet-rich fibrin for therapy