Early child intervention programmes is intended for children with developmental delays. A developmental delay means that the child is lagging behind in some area of development including physical, cognitive, communication , emotional, social and adaptive skills development. Our early intervention team consisting of developmental pediatrician, child psychologist, speech therapist and occupational therapist work as a team to devise a therapeutic plan and execute it meticulously to help the child overcome the developmental delays.
Programmes and Therapies
- Early intervention programme for children with developmental delays – This programme is intended for children between the age 1 to 4 , who were late to achieve the millstones like , late to walk , talk or communicate .The training aims at bridging the developmental gap and prevent further delays . The therapies will also aim at accelerating the development to child. A coordinated effort of intervention from the therapist and the parents will ensure optimal development.
- Play therapy – for social , emotional, creative and sensory development.
- Group intervention –Small group intervention to develop social skills , develop cooperative play and understand social behaviors .
- Oral placement therapy -for children with articulation difficulties and feeding difficulties
- School Readiness Programme. For children aged 4years to 6 years to develop basic literacy skills and to create the pre learning skills for school like ability to follow instructions, fine motor skills to hold on pencils , attention skills ,and sitting tolerence .