General & Laparoscopic Surgery
The General and Laparoscopic Surgery Department aim to provide the highest standard of surgical care and service to all patients including outpatient, inpatient, and those in the emergency department. Our team consists of dedicated professionals and skilled staff (doctors, nurses, paramedical) who are committed to helping to deliver top-quality surgical care to the patients using modern and cost-effective technology.
Procedures & Treatments
The department provides an entire spectrum of general surgeries through a team of experienced and committed surgeons. General surgical procedures include all minor & major cases; open surgeries or laparoscopic surgeries. More commonly performed procedures are as follows:
- Hernia repair of Abdominal Wall and Inguinal region, including Incisional, Femoral, Ventral Wall, Umbilical etc. and wall tightening.
- Thyroid, salivary glands, lymph nodes biopsy and other neck and face swelling
- Anal Fissures, Hemorrhoids, Fistulae, other Anal and Anorectal procedures
- Breast surgeries for lumps and cancer
- Gastro-Intestinal tract Surgeries- Intestinal resection and anastomosis including colectomy and abdominoperineal resection, lap surgeries for rectal prolapse, mesenteric cyst, Intraperitoneal and retroperitoneal tumors, cancers of gastrointestinal tract, gall bladder surgeries etc.
- Varicose veins
- Emergency surgeries: appendicitis and lacerations repair, trauma- blunt and penetrating abdominal or thoracic injuries etc. drainage of abscess
- Cysts, lipomas, sinuses, in-growing toe nail, other small and large skin/ subcutaneous swellings
- Circumcision of newly born babies
- Treatment for cellulitis and other infections
- Diabetes foot care and podiatry