Autism Spectrum disorder is a neurodevelopment disorder which is manifested as difficulties in social communication, restricted interests and repetitive patterns of behaviors. Parents may first notice poor eye contacts, delays in langue development, decreased interaction and repetitive mannerisms in the first two years of life which needs to be taken seriously and address at the earliest. Although ASD can be a lifelong disorder, early identification, treatments and effective parental involvement can improve a person’s symptoms and ability to function.
We have a multidisciplinary team of therapist consisting of Speech-language pathologist, Occupation therapist, Psychologists and Educational therapists to cater to the need of children with Autism.
Programmes and Therapies
- Early identification of Autism spectrum disorders by multi disciplinary team –to get baseline assessments of the child and develop appropriate therapy plan.
- Earlier intervention for children with Autism – Early identification and intervention promises a better chance for developing to their full potential. An individualized plan is made for each child according to age, challenges and strengths and a comprehensive intervention plan is made and implemented by the interdisciplinary team.
- Group Therapy – group therapy sessions of about 4-8 children for building basic communication skills, social skills and behavior control.
- Speech and language therapy for developing communication skills in children with Autism.
- Occupation therapy and sensory intervention for developing self-care skills, improve fine motor, gross motor skills, reduce hyperactivity and manage sensory issues.
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication training – to enhance child’s ability to communicate and to reduce behavioral issues and facilitate verbal communication.
- Parental training programmes – for equipping parents with necessary skills and knowledge to manage problem behaviors, give appropriate home training and help the child improve socially, emotionally and physically.