LOSE WEIGHT: THE HEALTHY WAY
Almost everyone we know is worried about the way they look. There are several concerns people have, like their complexion, tall or not tall, fat or not fat etc. And since weight problems, to some extent, is the only one that one can control, there is a mad ramble to figure out how to be the right size with regards to body weight.
As we are in the 21st Century with almost every information at our finger tips on the world wide web, it is hard to sift through what is authentic(verified and tested) or not. Too much gunk is available on the Internet about weight-related subjects that can be harmful to people. Remember, body weight is very subjective and is directly proportional to being healthy.
Here we are are going to give you an overall idea, without going into specific diet regimes or exercise routines, of how to lose weight the healthy way. The key is to naturally lose weight. Some changes to your diet routine and activity levels should do the trick most of the time.
Here are some weight loss tips to guide you through your personal weight loss journey.
- Always remember to have breakfast, a healthy filling breakfast. Eating breakfast will boost your metabolism. Skipping it will most likely reward you with more calories in the long run by going on a binge later in the day. Always figure out what kind of food works for your body but avoid sugar laden pop-tarts, donuts and the like, instead try healthier choices such as cooked oatmeal, whole grain cereals, whole grain breads, eggs and tofu with a salad.
- Eat foods that nourish your body. What everyone should keep in mind is that refined processed food, sugar-free and fat-free foods will also be nutrient-free. So try to stick to nutrient-rich foods like vegetables, lean meats, whole grains and healthy fat. As you eat more nutritious food and get physically active, your body will come to its natural healthy weight.
- Keep some veggies and fruits washed and cut in your fridge. Substitute your snacks like a bag of potato chips with these veggies and fruits. They are easy to grab and put in your bag when you are on the go.
- Avoid soda, diet soda and replace it with unsweetened beverages. Surely, everyone is aware that soda like Coke and other similar carbonated drinks available in the market are definitely not good for you. Now, they have come out with diet versions of their sodas and you may think those will be a better choice. But what mostly happens is that diet soda just brings on more of a sweet craving, also gives you a false virtuousness which may lead you to reward yourselves with extra calories through the day. Replace these with iced teas or plain teas and you could also try carbonated water with a slice of lemon or lime.
- Try the “Plate Method” to make a healthy meal. The best way to go about this is by filling half your plate with non-starchy vegetables like broccoli, asparagus, cauliflower, mushrooms, leafy greens and some fruit, one quarter with brown rice or a starchy vegetable like potato or beans and fill the rest with protein like roasted or baked fish, chicken or eggs or tofu. Also you might want to think of shrinking the size of your plates. The smaller the plate, smaller food portions you can pile up on your plate.
- Your house should be free from tempting food. Stock your house with healthy food only. Try to only have treats when you are out and on the move.
- Always stay positive. Congratulating yourself on avoiding junk food and having a salad can give you confidence. This will motivate you to keep it going longer and you will definitely be the better for it.
These are just some of the basics to getting to your healthy weight. When deciding on a diet make sure you don’t just follow a regime you have read about somewhere. Not all diets or exercises work for everyone. Every individual’s body is different. And every activity or whatever is consumed is processed differently. So you would need to find the one that works for you specifically. It may take time to figure out what works best for you but it is best to do your research and you could even consult a nutritionist or your doctor to help you with it.
Remember, it is best to be safe than sorry later. If you are not losing the excess weight the healthy way, it is likely that you will gain it back before you know it.