- MD (Pediatrics)
- DM (Neonatology)
- Expertise in Neonatal intensive care
- Preterm nutrition
- Keen interest in teaching and training
- 13 gold medals in MBBS
- University gold medal in MD Pediatrics
- Several publications in reputed national and international journals, authored chapters in prominent Pediatric and Neonatology textbooks.
- Dr Femitha - author of the chapter on preterm nutrition in the textbook- Recent advances in Paediatrics
- Dr Femitha - author of chapter On “Pulmonary graphics” in JIPMER NICU protocols
- Dr Femitha - author of chapters in OSCEs in Neonatology- NNF
- Femitha Pournami, Swati Upadhyay, Anand Nandakumar, Jyothi Prabhakar, Anand Nandakumar, Naveen Jain. Familial Hemophagocytic Lymphohistiocytosis- A rare mutation of STXBP2 on Exon 19. J Pediatr Genet 2020
- Sujith KRGV, Femitha Pournami, Alok KMK, Anand Nandakumar, Jyothi Prabhakar, Naveen Jain. Analyzing the cost of hospital care to a family with an extreme preterm neonate. Journal of Neonatal Nursing 2020.
- Nihaz Naha, Femitha Pournami, Jyothi Prabhakar, Naveen Jain. Nasal injury with continuous positive airway pressure: Need for privileging nursing staff. Indian Journal of Pediatrics 2019
- Swati Upadhyay, Femitha Pournami, Anand Nandakumar, Jyothi Prabhakar, PMC Nair, Naveen Jain. The outcome of very preterm infants after early optimal nutrition strategy- A comparative cohort study. Nutrition in Clinical Practice 2019
- Vivek Raju, Femitha Pournami, Anand Nandakumar, Jyothi Prabahakar, PMC Nair, Naveen Jain. Improving Microbe detection and Optimizing Antibiotic use in Neonatal sepsis with Multiplex Polymerase Chain Reaction- A Comparative Cohort study. Infectious diseases in clinical practice 2020
- Ray C, et al, Femitha Pournami, Bhushan P. Human Milk oligosaccharides. The journey ahead. International Journal of Pediatrics 2019
- Alok K MK, Femitha Pournami, Sujith K Reddy GV, Anand N, Jyothi P, Naveen Jain. Can early clinical status predict outcomes in extremely low birth weight neonates? Journal of Child Science 2020
- Swati U, Femitha Pournami, Sujith K Reddy, Shibily R, Anand N, Jyothi P, Jayakumar RM, Naveen Jain. Neonatal laryngeal disorders- 12 years experience in a multidisciplinary unit. Airway 2020
- Sujith KRGV, Femitha Pournami, Anand N, Jyothi P, Naveen Jain. Disability prediction by early Hammersmith Neonatal Neurological Examination – A Diagnostic study. Journal of Child Neurology 2020.
- Amrit Tuteja, Femitha Pournami, Arif AK, Anand Nandakumar, Jyothi Prabhakar,Naveen Jain. (2020). Paracetamol for Patent Ductus Arteriosus Closure: High The osmolality of Enteral Form and Spontaneous Intestinal Perforation. The Indian Journal of Pediatrics. 10.1007/s12098-020-03445-2.
- Femitha Pournami, Alok Kumar MK, Anila V Panackal, Anand Nandakumar, Jyothi Prabhakar, and Naveen Jain (2020). Microvillus Inclusion Disease: A Rare Mutation of STX3 in Exon 9 Causing Fatal Congenital Diarrheal Disease. Journal of Pediatric Genetics. 10.1055/s-0040-1716401.
- Vishnu Anand, Femitha Pournami, Anila V Panackal, Anand Nandakumar, Jyothi Prabhakar, Naveen Jain. Parenteral nutrition ascites: calamity from an Umbilical Venous cannula. Journal of Child Science 2020; 10(01): e230-e232
- Raj Prakash, Femitha Pournami, Jyothi Prabhakar, PMC Nair, Naveen Jain. ‘How long is not short?’: Duration of caffeine therapy in preterm infants – a randomized controlled trial. October 2020. Archives of Disease in Childhood 105(Suppl 1):A205.2-A206
- Vishnu Anand, Femitha Pournami, Madhavi Latha, G.K, Jyothi Prabhakar, Anand Nandakumar, Naveen Jain. Genetic Testing in Neonatal Intensive Care: Experience from a Tertiary Care Unit. Indian J Pediatr (2021).
- Sajina Sathyan, Femitha Pournami, Madhavilatha GK, Amrit Tuteja, Anand Nandakumar, Jyothi Prabhakar, Naveen Jain. Homozygous missense mutation in Exon 22 causes Autosomal recessive polycystic kidney disease. Accepted to Journal of child Science, pending publication.
- Raj Prakash, Femitha Pournami, Jyothi Prabhakar, PMC Nair, Naveen Jain. Duration of caffeine therapy for apnea of prematurity. Indian Journal of Pediatrics 2021. Epub
- ahead of print
- Femitha P. The Neonatal Resuscitation Protocol: Keep it simple? Indian Pediatrics 2021. Epub ahead of print
- Anish Pillai, Femitha Pournami, Jyothi Prabhakar, Naveen Jain. Effects of early parent participation program on physiological stability of preterm infants- a randomized controlled trial. American Journal of Perinatology 2021. Epub ahead of print
- Femitha P, Alok Kumar MK, Anand Nandakumar, Jyothi Prabhakar, Naveen Jain. Contemplate enteroviral etiology: all neonatal sepsis syndromes are not bacterial! International Journal of Advanced Medical and Health research. Accepted for publication (pending publication)
National Neonatology Forum
|-||08:00 am - 12.00 pm||08:00 am - 12.00 pm||04:00 pm - 6:30 pm||-||12:00 pm - 04:00 pm||-|